In this special 3-part 12th episode of The Rationalist, the ‘Civilization Fantasy Draft’ edition, host Mike Coté and returning guests Robb McClintock and Cornelius Radek take part in a Rationalist podcast first: a fantasy draft.
This fantasy draft was meant to create our ‘ideal’ civilization and the potential draftees were various and sundry historical figures. In this first part of the podcast, we introduce the concept, the rules, and the draft order, as well as go through the first 5 rounds of our 10-round draft. Interspersed within are asides on various governmental concepts, historical figures, and other shenanigans. In the section below, we’ve put the results of the 5 rounds of drafting covered in this podcast. Be sure to check out the second and third parts of the podcast to hear the remainder of the draft and our ‘postgame’ show on how things shook out in the end. Enjoy, and please check out the linked Twitter and Facebook polls to help us determine who ‘won’ the draft!
- Round 1: Leonardo da Vinci (Cornelius), Napoleon I (Mike), John Adams (Robb)
- Round 2: Caesar Augustus (Robb), Otto von Bismarck (Mike), Franklin Delano Roosevelt (Cornelius)
- Round 3: Benjamin Franklin (Cornelius), Lyndon Baines Johnson (Mike), Alexander the Great (Robb)
- Round 4: Albert Einstein (Robb), Thomas Hobbes (Mike), Andrew Carnegie (Cornelius)
- Round 5: Shaka Zulu (Cornelius), Oliver Cromwell (Mike), Harald Bluetooth (Robb)